BC Mountain Bike Tourism Symposium
A symposium to progress mountain bike tourism in the province welcomes industry leaders and stakeholders.
February 14, 2013
Vancouver, BC - (February 13, 2013) The Western Canada Mountain Bike Tourism Association (MBTA) in partnership with Recreation Sites and Trails BC, Tourism British Columbia, International Mountain Bicycling Association Canada, Royal Roads University, and District of Sooke is proud to present the BC Mountain Bike Tourism Symposium at the Best Western Premier – Prestige Oceanfront Resort in Sooke, BC, May 26-28, 2013. British Columbia has gained much attention worldwide for its significant role in mountain biking. The program of the Symposium is entitled “Progression.” It speaks to the opportunity for stakeholders and experts to gather and share insights and knowledge about how to progress toward a more sustainable and viable mountain bike tourism sector.
The Symposium is geared towards community leaders, land managers, trail advocates, adventure tourism operators, and government and industry representatives and will present lessons learned from BC and other parts of the world. Key initiatives will be highlighted that represent new opportunities for communities throughout the province. Topics will cover marketing mountain biking experiences, land use and product development considerations, environmental and risk management issues, partnerships and funding, as well as developing bike friendly communities and services. Our goal is to unify the voice of the BC mountain bike tourism industry, and discuss the opportunities we have to drive more tourism to the province.
The symposium offers:
- Knowledgeable speakers and interactive panels of experts discussing key issues.
- Networking opportunities with stakeholders from around the province, plus a variety of social events.
- Announcements and updates on new initiatives.
- Pre-symposium Trail Development Workshop, May 25-26, featuring expertise from International Mountain Bicycling Association Canada.
To register or to find out more details visit mtbtourismsymposium.ca.
You Might Also Like
- 2013 NAHBS Saturday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show announced the first group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The second group will be announced at 3 p.m. Sunday. Saturday's Awards Alchemy Bicycle Co. - Best Carbon Construction No Award given -...
- Honey Stinger is Newest Sponsor of the Colorado High School Cycling League: Boulder, Colo.— The Colorado High School Cycling League (Colorado League) welcomes Honey Stinger as a new sponsor for 2013. Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Honey Stinger, was founded in 2002 to bring nutritious and great tasting...
- 2013 NAHBS Sunday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is pleased to announce the Sunday group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The Sunday NAHBS Awards winners are Winter Bicycles - Best Finish Moots - Best Theme Bike and People's Choice Avery County...
- Now Hiring: Full-Time State Network Manager for the Safe Routes to School National Partnership: The Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership) is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong policy campaign experience and advocacy skills to join the National Partnership as our State Network...